Enrollment & Registration
- Instructions for Enrolling a New Student
- Requirements for Entering Kindergarten
- Open Enrollment Information
- Preschool Application Process
- Kindergarten Screenings
Parents or legal guardians will register their child(ren) at the school building they will be attending. Please bring the following items with you at the time of registration:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Official transcript from previous schools
3. Standardized testing scores
4. Shot Records/Immunizations
5. Proof of Residency
6. Proof of Legal Custody (if not living with both parents)
Brookville Schools does not accept Open Enrollment students. The district does accept tuition students. The amount of tuition is set by the State Department of Education and changes each year. You can get this amount by calling the District Office at (937) 833-2181. Below are the criteria for accepting tuition students:
1. Tuition students are accepted in grades K-12 during the months of August and September and the first week of the second semester.
2. In order to apply to become a tuition student, the following information must be provided for the Superintendent’s review:
A. Student’s “final original” grade report card for the previous school year or a letter from the resident school district verifying grades/GPA. Student must have and maintain a 2.00 GPA.
B. A letter from the principal or guidance counselor of the school the student currently attends addressing the student’s attendance, discipline, and behavior.
C. A down payment, based on the tuition rate received from the Ohio Department of Education, is due at the time of application.
3. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) are responsible for all school fees. This is over and above the tuition.
4. For students in grades 7-12, if a student attends the first fifteen (15) days of the school year, a release from the OHSAA is not required. Otherwise, a release must be obtained from the resident district before a student is permitted to practice or participate in OHSAA-sponsored athletic programs.
5. If a student has been home schooled and no grade report is available:
A. Parents/Teacher can present a portfolio of the student’s work which will then be evaluated by the principal or guidance counselor to determine the level the student is doing work.
B. Test results from a national standardized test are also acceptable (not SAT or ACT-CAT/Iowa/Woodcock).
Typically developing preschool students are selected for the program through a lottery. To be eligible for the lottery students must be age 3 or 4 by August 1; residents of the district; and typically developing. Cost of participation in the program is currently (*subject to change) Applications . will be available at * $140 per month Brookville Elementary School school hours from February 1, 2022 through February 28, 2022 applications will be accepted after February 28. The lottery will be conducted by April 1, 2022 and during . No parents will receive letter notification. If you have any questions about the application process, please call the student servic es office at 937-833-6419.
Before enrolling in kindergarten, your child will be involved in a readiness screening. The screening assesses your child’s skills in: speech/language; vision/hearing; If you have a child who will be 5 on or before August 1, 2022 and academic. and want him/her to start kindergarten in the fall, contact Brookville Elementary School possible to schedule your child to come in for a screening . at 937-833-6796 as soon as Your child must be screened in order to start school in August . If you have any questions about the kindergarten registration process, please call 937-833-6796 .