Our greatest hope is every student gets the chance to take
advantage of the services provided in our library.
Please help your student keep track of their library materials and keep their fines paid.
- Books are available for students to check out for a two-week period. However, they may renew their selections for an additional two-week period, unless it is a new arrival.
- Intermediate School students are permitted up to 2 books at a time.
- High School students are permitted 3 books at a time.
- Overdue fines accumulate at a rate of $.05 cents per day.
- Overdue notices are sent out regularly, as are bills for lost, damaged, or unreturned books.
- Any student with fines over $1.00 will not be able to check out a book. If a student has an overdue book, he or she may not check out anything else until the item is returned. If the item cannot be found, it will be declared lost, and the student will have to pay for it before checking out any more books.
Policy on Damaged or Lost Books
Books are on loan and must be returned to the library. Books that are damaged or not returned will need to be replaced. The elementary library does not charge late fees.
1. Send money to pay for the cost of ordering a new book requested on the overdue notice. Note that if you find the book after six months and want to return it for payment, the district will not reimburse you. We have already paid for a new book to replace it.
2. Or, with certain copies, you can replace the book by purchasing the exact title and edition of the book.